Rafael Ibarra Garza
- PhD degree in law - University of Paris II-Panthéon-Assas (2013). Summa Cum laude.
- LLM in Private Law - University of Paris II (2006). Magna Cum Laude.
- University Superior Diploma in International Public Law - University of Paris II (2005).
- Law degree – University of the State of Nuevo León (2004). Summa Cum Laude
- International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce – Intern, Paris (2009).
- Northeast Regional Second Division of the Federal Court of Fiscal and Administrative Justice – Intern, Monterrey (2003-2004).
- Family Court (10th) of the State of Nuevo León – Legal clerk (2002-2003).
- University of Nuevo León, Bachelor in International Relations – professor in contract law and in international law (-2014).
- University of Nuevo León, PhD in law – professor of research methods and techniques; qualitative and quantitative methods (2014).
- University of Nuevo León, B.L. – professor of property law.
- Legal and Criminological Technology Research Center of the University of Nuevo León – researcher in private law with emphasis on trust law (2013-2014).
- University of Nuevo Leon, LLM on commercial law - professor of selected topics in commercial and comparative law (2013-2014).
- University of Monterrey/University of Paris II, LLM on international commercial law – professor of legal methodology (2013).
- University APEC (Dominican Republic)/University of Paris II, LLM on commercial international Law - professor of international bank Law (2009).
Areas of Expertise
- Trust Law
- Real estate
- Property law
- Secured transactions law
- Contract Law
- Tort Law
- “The Reappearance of Ownership as a Means of Security, the Battle Between Legal Technique and Legal Policy in Insolvency Law (Comparative Study Between Mexican and French Law)”, Young Property Lawyers Forum, University of Oxford, England, 2014.
- “Retention Title Clause”, International Congress of Securities on Movables, University Diego Portales, Santiago, Chile, 2014.
- “The Successes and Failures of Mexican reforms on Security Interests”, International Congress on Security Interests, University of Rosario, Bogota, Colombia, 2014.
- “Obligations and Liabilities of the Trustee as Legal Means of Protecting the Trust Fund”, International Congress of Trust Law, Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, Lima, Peru, 2011.
- “Thesis Methodology”, University of Nuevo León, Monterrey, México, 2009.
- PhD thesis was proposed to compete for the awards: Prix Solennels de la Chancellerie des Universités de Paris (ongoing deliberation), 2014.
- PhD thesis was proposed to compete for the awards: Prix Honorifiques de la Chancellerie des Universités de Paris (ongoing deliberation), 2014.
- PhD thesis award of the University of Panthéon-Assas Paris II, 2014.
- Scholarship of academic excellence Eiffel (France), scholarship CONACYT (Mexico), scholarship of the University of Nuevo León and of the Faculty of Law of the University of Nuevo León to carry out postgraduate studies (LLM and PhD).
- Protecting the Trust Fund (Comparative Study: French and English Law); LGDJ, Paris (2014).
- “The Enforcement of the Arbitration Clause Included in the Fideicomiso-Trust Instrument. A Breach of the Conventional Nature of Arbitration?”, in A. A. Hernández Paz & A. Sánchez García (eds.), Solución de Conflictos en las Relaciones Comerciales Internacionales, Tirant Lo Blanch (Spain), forthcoming
- “Obligations and Liabilities of the Trustee as Legal Means of Protecting the Trust Fund” in V Congreso Internacional de la Asociación Andrés Bello de Juristas Franco Latinoamericanos sobre Fideicomiso, Palestra Editores (Peru), 201, pp. 145-166.
Articules and notes on specialized law magazines
- Protecting the Trust Fund in French and English law, Trust & Trustees Oxford Journals (England), Vol. 20, No. 5, June 2014, p. 421.
- The Battle Against Money Laundering in the Mexican Insurance Sector, Revue International des Services Financiers, (Belgium), 2014/1 p. 142.
- Protecting the Trust Fund; Comparative Study: French and English Law, Droit & Patrimoine (France), January 2014, p. 26.
- “Book review - International Trust Disputes, Edited by Sarah Collins, Steven Kempster, Morven McMillan, Alison Meek, Oxford University Press”, Estates, Trusts & Pensions Journal, Canada, Vol. 31, No. 3, May 2012, p. 325.
- “Book Review – The Law of Trusts, by Geraint Thomas and Alastair Hudson, Oxford University Press, 2012”, Revue Trimestrielle de Droit Civil, France, Avril/Jun 2012, p. 401.
Articles in newspapers
- The protection of trust property), El Horizonte (Mexico), section: Finance, 19 of August 2013, p. 23.
- Property as security and its efficiency in bankruptcy law, El Horizonte (Mexico), section: Finance, 14 of June 2013, p. 22.