Carlos Leal-Isla Garza
- PhD in law - University of Paris II (2000)
- Master of Laws (LLM) in Alternative Dispute Resolution - Fordham School of Law, New York (2014-2015)
- Master of Laws (LLM) in International Private Law and International Commercial Law - University of Paris II (Panthéon-Assas) (1998).
- Specialization in International Private Law - University of Paris II (1997).
- Specialization in Comparative Law - Comparative Law Institute of Paris (1997).
- Specialization in Labor Law - University of Paris II (Panthéon-Assas) (1996).
- Bachelor of laws (LLB) - University of Monterrey (1993).
- Leal Isla & Horváth, S.C. - Founding partner (2007-)
- Baker & McKenzie - Associate in the labor group, Monterrey (1999; 2001-2007).
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer - Intern in international commercial arbitration group, Paris and New York (2000-2001).
- Local Board of Conciliation and Arbitration of Nuevo Leon - Public Officer (1992-1995).
- University of Monterrey, LLM in Company Law - professor of Labor Law (2004 - present).
- University of Nuevo Leon, PhD in law - professor of arbitration and international law (2005 - present); LLM on alternative dispute resolution - professor of arbitration (2002 - present).
- EGAP, LLM on international Law - professor of European law, arbitration and international contracts - (1999 a 2007); professor of arbitration (2011 - present)
Areas of Expertise
- Labor Law - advise and litigation
- National and International Agreements
- International Corporate and Commercial Law
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Italian (intermediate)
- German (intermediate)
- President of the Nuevo León Chapter of the National Bar Barra Mexicana Colegio de Abogados (2010-2012).
- Coordinator of the Labor Commission of the Nuevo León Section of the National Corporate Lawyers Association (ANADE) (2008-2010).
- More than 150 conferences and seminars given in Mexico and the United States about topics related to labor law, arbitration and international law.
- Leal Isla & Horváth, S.C. was ranked by Chambers & Partners as a leading firm for General Business Law in Monterrey, Mexico in 2015.
- Client Choice Award granted by Lexology in Mexico - 2016
- Ranked by who´s who legal as leaging lawyer in labor law in Mexico, since 2014.
- Ranked by Chambers & Partners as a leading lawyers in labor law in Mexico, since 2011.
- New elements of the judicial intervention in Mexican international commercial arbitration", in Actual Scenarios of International Arbitration, Liber Amicorum in honor of Christian Larroumet, UDEM, 2011, pp. 71-86.
- Arbitration implementation in Nuevo León" in Arbitration and Mediation in Nuevo León, Ed. Porrúa, 2009.
- New technologies and labor law" in The new world law order, memories of the VI Latin-American Convention of Law, Faculty of Law and Criminology, UANL, 2006.
- Graham, James; Leal-Isla, Carlos; and Tijerina, Héctor, "Practical Guide for International Arbitration", Lazcano Ed., 2005.
Articules and notes on specialized law magazines
- Amendments to the Mexican Commercial Code on judicial intervention in arbitration", with Zita Horváth, Revue de l´arbitrage, Paris, No. 1, 2011, pp. 325-328.
- Amendment to the Social Security law: One more strike to Outsourcing ", International Magazine of Law and Social Sciences of the University of Monterrey, number 16, spring 2010, pp. 77-85.
- Comments to case law of 2006 of the SCJN about the employer's right to deny the submission of its differences before the Board of Conciliation and Arbitration", International Magazine of Law and Social Sciences of the University of Monterrey, number 10, spring 2007, pp. 24-41.
- Comments to case law of 2006 of the SCJN about arbitral jurisdiction", with James Graham. Revue de l´arbitrage, Paris, No. 3, 2007, pp. 1039-1041.
- Report on the XVIII World congress of labor law and social security law, celebrated in Paris, France", International Magazine of Law and Social Sciences of the University of Monterrey, number 9, fall 2006, pp. 122-145.
- Brief analysis of a regulatory contradiction", Latin-American magazine of social law, 2004, No. 1, pp. 145-147.
- Notes about collective contractual practices" Fiscal Practice magazine, issue of October of 2004, p. C1.
- Some reasons to amend the Federal Labor Law", Fiscal Practice magazine, issue of December of 2003, p. C1.
- Discrimination Law in Mexico", The Global Labour, Employment and Employee Benefits Bulletin, Baker & McKenzie, Volume VIII, No 3, September of 2003, pp. 17-18.
- Obligations and responsibilities of directors of publicly held companies", coauthored with Mr. Miguel Angel Ferriz Martínez, Latin American Law and Business Report, issue of November, 2002, pp. 21-23.
- ¿Is it necessary to substitute the Boards of Conciliation and Arbitration with Social Judges?", Magazine of the Legal Research Institute of the Faculty of Law and Criminology of the University of Nuevo León, Year 2, Number 3, 2002, pp. 77-87.
Articles in newspapers
- Guest editorialist on various issues in the newspaper "El Norte" (2003 - present).